At CivilGEO we understand your desire to maintain your project data as confidential. Therefore, we follow the below data confidentiality agreement:
- Preservation of your data confidentiality. CivilGEO shall use all reasonable commercial efforts to:
- Preserve the confidentiality and avoid the disclosure of your Confidential Information (defined below), unless strictly required otherwise by law;
- Limit access to your Confidential Information to those of its employees or agents granted access rights by you through use of the Services (as defined in the Terms of Service), unless requested otherwise by you in writing or email;
- Not at any time disclose, give, or transmit (in any manner or form or for any purpose) your Confidential Information to any person, party, firm, or corporation other than you except as specified in this Data Confidentiality Agreement or the Terms of Service, and unless required by law;
- Immediately notify you in the event of any disclosure which is required by law;
- Not use any Confidential Information in any way other than for the purpose of providing the Services to you and the utilization of these Services by you in accordance with the Terms of Service (“Purpose”), or as otherwise contemplated by this Data Confidentiality Agreement or the Terms of Service without your permission; and
- Ensure that all CivilGEO employees or agents to whom your Confidential Information is disclosed are legally bound to keep your Confidential Information confidential and not to use the Confidential Information except for the Purpose. “Confidential Information” means all of your Data (as defined in the Terms of Service) stored using the Services provided by CivilGEO but not limited to engineering project data, CAD drawings, GIS data, and any other information or materials, whether written, or graphic, or any other form), issue tickets, wiki content, or any other proprietary information created through use of the Services but excluding your name, company and/or logo which may be used by CivilGEO for marketing purposes as contemplated by the Terms of Service.
- Proprietary Rights. Other than as expressly provided in the Terms of Service, CivilGEO obtains no proprietary rights of any kind to your Confidential Information. Ownership of your Confidential Information stored at CivilGEO is retained by you, as described in the Terms of Service.
- Terms of Service Prevails. If there is any conflict between the terms of this Data Confidentiality Agreement and the Terms of Service, the Terms of Service prevails. This Data Confidentiality Agreement is to be read and understood in conjunction with the Terms of Service.